Types of Canadian tourist visas
A person willing to visit Canada temporarily might apply for a single entry visa or multiple entry visa. A single entry visa is granted to a visitor up to 6 months from the estimated date of travel. A multiple entry visa is effective for a maximum period of 10 years or one month before the visa expires.
Requirements for Canada Tourist Visa
How to Apply for Canada Tourist Visa
- Individuals who wish to visit Canada must meet the following requirements:
- Possess a valid travel document, like a passport.
- Have a medical certificate that proves they are in good health.
- Attend the interview with an immigration officer and convince him that you have connections in India like a job, family, financial assets, etc., because of which you will return.
- Possess adequate funds for the duration of your stay in Canada.
- Undergo a medical exam.
- You may also need to obtain a letter of invitation from a friend or relative residing in Canada.
You can apply for a Canadian tourist visa either online or offline. Applying online is a lot easier than applying offline but you will need to be in the vicinity of certain electronic devices to do so. Either you are applying or offline, getting an approval for a Canadian tourist visa is a two-step process. First, you need to submit your application for the tourist visa to the appropriate Canadian visa office in your region. Your application will be closely scrutinised by the visa officer who may also have a one on one interview with you. Secondly, after getting a tourist visa you might be interviewed at a POE in Canada by an immigration officer.
Applying for Canada Tourist Visa Online
If you wish to apply for a Canada tourist visa online, you will need to follow the following steps:
1. You will need access to a camera or scanner to produce electronic copies of the documents you are required to upload.
2. You will also need a valid credit card to pay the fees.
3. Then, all you have to do is fill out the application form, attest the necessary documents to it and email it to the Citizenship and Immigration Services.
4. Applying on paper for Canada Tourist Visa.
If you wish to take the traditional route to apply for a Canada Tourist visa, you will have to perform the following procedure:
1. Download the correct application form from www.canadainternational.gc.ca and fill it out and print it on a laser printer.
2. Go through the checklist relevant to the tourist visa and ensure that all documents as mentioned are attested to your application form.
3. Check the fees applicable to a tourist visa on www.canadainternational.gc.ca
4. Visit the nearest Canada Visa Application Centre along with your passport, two passport-sized photographs, filled out forms, all the supporting documents, and the fees. Submit your application after making the payment.
5. Obtain a receipt after paying the fees as the receipt will contain your unique tracking number that must be used to track the status of your application.
How to Track Your Canada Tourist Visa Application Status
You can check the status of your Canada tourist visa application at the Canada Visa Application Centre. All you have to do is to enter your date of birth along with your tracking number and hit Submit and it will tell you how long it will take for your application to be processed.
Canada Tourist Visa Fees 2018
The Canada Tourist Visa fees for the year 2018 are mostly the same but only with a few modifications with effect from April 1, 2017. The payment can be done by any one of these modes:
Debit Card or Credit Card
Canada Tourist Visa Fee Details
Canada Tourist Visa Fee Details :-
||Fee in Canadian Dollars
||Fee in Indian Rupee
|eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization)
||$7 per person
|Visitor Visa (single or multiple entry)
||$100 per person
|Visitor Visa (single or multiple entry) – Family (5+)
Key Points To Remember
- An applicant should be able to pay the entire fee in Canadian dollars.
- The family members should apply simultaneously at the same time and place.
- The children should be eligible as dependents. A dependent’s age limit has been changed from 19 to 22.
- The citizens of a few territories and countries have to provide their biometrics (photograph and fingerprints) while applying for a visitor visa, work permit, or study permit.
Biometrics Fee Details :-
||Fee In Canadian Dollars
||Fee In Indian Rupee
|Performing Artists Crew (3+members)