Eligibility for Australian Tourist Visa
To get the Subclass 600 visa, applicants have to fulfil the following criteria:
- Applicants should genuinely want to stay in Australia for a temporary period only.
- Their reason for visiting Australia must not include business or medical treatment.
- They should have sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay in Australia.
- They should qualify the public interest criteria, which includes character and health.
- When an applicant applies for an Australian tourist visa, they have to provide their immigration history, which includes:
- The previous times when they have visited Australia and complied with the visa rules.
- The number of times they have applied for Australian visa previously.
- Their past overseas travels.
Applicants can prove that they genuinely plan to visit Australia for a temporary period only by submitting the following:
Documents Required For Australian Tourist Visa:
- Proof of employment in India.
- Proof of leave that has been approved by the employer.
- Proof of admission in a school or university.
- Proof of income, which can include the assets you own and your bank statements.
- Proof of family ties that you have in India and/or Australia.
- Proof of commitments that you have in India. For example voluntary work, membership of certain organizations, etc.
Applicants of Australian tourist visa are required to submit the following documents:
- Form 1419 Application for a Visitor Visa Tourist Visitor Stream.
- Personal documents:
1. Passport Applicants have to submit notarized copy of all the pages, which includes the page that contains the bio-data, alterations page and the last page.
2. Photographs Two recent passport-sized (45mm x 355mm) photos of the applicant. The photo should show the head and shoulders of the applicant against a plain background.
3. The applicants name should be printed on the back of each photo.
4. Purpose of the Visit Submit the itinerary, which includes all the details of your trip such as the places you will be traveling to, the activities that you plan to engage in, etc.
1. Copy of the applicants bank statements that show a history of consistent savings.
2. Copy of documents that display details of the assets and funds held by the applicant.
3. Previous 3 years tax documents.
4. If a relative or friend in Australia in financing your visit, then you have to submit a Statutory Declaration that states this support and prove that they are financially capable of funding it. The proof can be an invitation letter, tax documents, bank statements, etc.
5. Even if someone else in Australia in funding your trip, you have to submit proof of your finances, as it is an important factor that is taken into consideration while deciding if your personal reasons will make you come back to India.
- Employment Related Documents:
1. Letter from employer which mentions your designation and salary, employment period, leave confirmation and the contact details of the person writing the letter.
2. In case you are self-employed, you have to submit proof of business registration.
3. In case of you are retired, you have to submit proof of retirement.
4. If the applicant is a student, then he/she has to provide a proof of enrolment. This proof can be a letter from the institute that he/she is studying in.
- Character and Health Related Documents:
1. Applicants might be asked to go through certain medical tests and x-ray examinations. To enter Australia, every applicant must be the health requirements of the country.
2. Proof of health insurance for the period of stay.
3. AusAID students or recipients have to submit a support letter provided by the AusAid Minister.
4. Children below 18 years old have to submit a no objection certificate(notarized) from the parent not accompanying the child and copies of the passports of their parents. This certificate will authorize their travel to Australia. Form 1229 has to be filled in this case.
5. If children are staying or traveling with people who are not their relatives, then the full name, nationality and birth date of the person who they will be staying or traveling with has to be provided. A declaration of support has to be signed by this person who is going to take responsibility of the child in Australia. Form 1257 has to be filled in this case.
Note - Applicants are required to submit notarized copies or VFS witnessed copies of the original documents. They should not submit any original document unless it has been specifically asked for.
How To Apply Australian Tourist Visa?
- Indians can apply for an Australian tourist visa online as well as offline. The online application process is the more preferred one. People can apply online using immiAccount.
- To apply offline, individuals can visit an Australian Visa Application Centre. DIBP has appointed VFS Global as the service delivery partner. VFS Global collects visa applications for the Visa Office that is present in New Delhi.
- If you apply through the Visa Application Centre, your original documents will be returned at the counter itself and you will have provide copies that will be witnessed by the center on the spot. The estimated cost of your visa is AUD 135 (this price may change).
- It should take the office around 15 working days to process your application. If the application needs a medical examination, the processing time may change.